Hi GEP-Ed.

If any of you are teaching global climate change negotiations this year,
this blog post
<https://blog.apaonline.org/2022/01/20/international-climate-negotiations-a-guide-for-ethics-teachers/>I

wrote might be helpful.

Part I contains a brief discussion of COP26 at Glasgow through a climate
ethics lens. It links to several clips of negotiators/politicians making
general normative claims in press conferences (harder to find than you
might think!).

Part II is a description of using Climate Interactive's World Climate
Simulation <https://www.climateinteractive.org/world-climate-simulation/>
role-playing game in class. (Note the game doesn't faithfully model the
actual process of UNFCCC negotiations, but is more like a truncated version
of the whole Paris process of NDC submission and revision. They also have a
similar
game <https://www.climateinteractive.org/climate-action-simulation/>that is
more focused on choosing different decarbonization pathways, which I don't
discuss here).

Best wishes,
Ewan Kingston

Philosophy Department