Dear GEP-Ed colleagues,

If you are having students discuss flying and climate change, particularly as
it relates to academia/universities, this freely available essay in the
Guardian may be of interest:

"Refusing to fly has lost me my job as a climate researcher. It’s a price worth
paying"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/12/fly-climate-breakdown-germany-climate-change-papua-new-guinea

Also, you and/or your students may be interested in an update on the Flying
Less Initiative from Parke Wilde, which you can find below my email signature.

Kind regards,

PAUL G. ​HARRIS
Chair Professor of Global and Environmental ​ Studies
Department of Social Sciences and Policy Studies
EdUHK<https://www.eduhk.hk/ssps/pharris>
www.paulgharris.net<https://paulgharris.net/>

Latest essays, articles and books:
"Why Beijing and Hong Kong's complaints about Fukushima wastewater are
hypocritical<https://hongkongfp.com/2023/07/31/radioactive-seafood-complaints-from-beijing-and-hong-kong-about-fukushima-wastewater-scream-of-hypocrisy/>"
"As China rises, so does the suffering of billions of animals of many
species<https://hongkongfp.com/2023/07/16/as-china-rises-so-does-the-suffering-of-millions-of-animals-of-many-species/>"
"Russia’s aggression threatens efforts to protect nature beyond
Ukraine<https://theconversation.com/russias-aggression-threatens-efforts-to-protect-nature-beyond-ukraine-198150>"
"Implications of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine for the governance of
biodiversity
conservation<https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcosc.2023.989019/full>"
Routledge Handbook of Global Environmental
Politics<https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/doi/10.4324/9781315149745> (2nd
edition)
Pathologies of Climate Governance: International Relations, National Politics
and Human
Nature<https://www.cambridge.org/hk/universitypress/subjects/earth-and-environmental-science/environmental-policy-economics-and-law/pathologies-climate-governance-international-relations-national-politics-and-human-nature?format=PB&isbn=9781108437530>

[cid:152398aa-b7ca-478f-8de4-436e8e5b8bd3]<https://www.ohchr.org/en/countries/ukraine>