Dear Kate and All,

I am definitely enjoying this eco sci-fi discussion and want to throw in my
2 cents.

I second Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake (messing with the environment
through biotech leads to world's demise). She's such a great writer.

You might also want to check out Alistair Reynolds, Revelation Space
(includes a dead race that destroyed its sun)

For something really far out and mind-bending, try John C. Wright's Golden
Age trilogy. It's set 10,000 years into the future, and there is also a
theme of trying to tinker with the Sun.

Tammi

Tamar Gutner
Assistant Professor of International Relations
School of International Service
American University
4400 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20016