Hi all,

I have a researcher who is looking at China in the post-Kyoto talks. The
main argument is that two discourses play in the debate about China: 1.
China as a developing nation (UNDP and WB approach) and 2. China as a
large and swiftly industrializing state with potentially very large
emissions.
China and other actors use these discourses in different forums, for
different audiences and for different strategic goals.

My question is: do you know of any articles that explain the use of
discourses and discourse analysis in light of this issue. It is
surprisingly difficult to find a text that really explains the 'how to
make use of discourse analysis' in this type of questions. Most things I
have seen just start from the assumption that the disourse is there,
that one has looked at it, and ... here are the conclusions. A more
methodological approach to the use of discourse analysis in GEP seems
less easy to find. Or have I just not looked in the right spot?

Friendly greetings,

Hans Bruyninckx
Associate Professor of International Environmental Politics
Environmental Policy Group
Wageningen University