Here's a poser: I'm looking for a reasonably contemporary presentation of structural dependency theory (i.e., the idea that national economic development is primarily determined by a country's position in the international distribution of wealth and power) that will be accessible to first-years and sophomores. I feel silly assigning pieces from the 60s and early 70s--that's so, like, ANCIENT--yet I haven't come across a clear presentation of this theory in the anti-globalization literature (though it often lurks in the background). Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks,
Rob
Assistant Professor of Political Science
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth