Dear Colleagues,

I'm on the hunt for someone who can come to Allegheny College for a year beginning in the Fall of 2007 to teach three classes a semester (six in total, with opportunities to teach the same class more than once) as a sabbatical replacement. Responsibilities would include domestic and/or global environmental politics or policy, plus classes that play to the candidate's interests and strengths.

The Political Science dept. here is strong and collegial, and is an especially good place for a new PhD to hone their teaching skills (though others may certainly express interest as well). We would look for someone with evidence of strong teaching in the undergraduate classroom, either as a TA, Instructor, or Assistant/Associate Professor. And, regardless of the strengths of the individual, this is strictly a one-year position.

Please have any possibly interested/interesting candidates (perhaps grad students now making their way through their dissertation work) contact me directly.

Yours,
Mike Maniates

Michael Maniates
Professor of Political Science & Environmental Science
Allegheny College, Box E, Meadville, PA 16335 USA
o: 814-332-2786 f: 814-332-2789 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://webpub.allegheny.edu/employee/m/mmaniate/es/maniates.htm