From: Andrew Biro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: February 13, 2007 3:08:19 PM EST
To: "Kai N. Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, gep- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Vegan and Environmental Impact

I know that US (also Canadian) agricultural exports have increased substantially since the 1960s. Does anyone know of any sources that document the impact of agricultural imports on small producers. I’m particularly interested in finding sources that could provide more of an overview of this as a global trend, as opposed to single case studies. I know Mike Davis talks about this in Planet of Slums, as a factor pushing rapid urbanization in the global South, but I can’t think of any others...