Thanks to Al Gore and You Tube, there are now various ways to bring climate
change and other environmental issues vividly in the classroom.

I showed Melissa Etheridge's Oscar winning song and video "I Need to Wake
Up" in class today and got a really vibrant discussion going on a thread
that we discussed last year on the list - the inevitable depression in the
global environmental politics classroom. While still frustrated by the
magnitude of the problem and the political inaction, a lot of students are
starting to get hopeful about their roles and abilities to make a
difference.

The video is available at
http://www6.islandrecords.com/site/artist_home.php?artist_id=204. It could
be a good kick-off for any environmental lecture.

maria

Maria Ivanova
Assistant Professor of Government and Environmental Policy
The College of William and Mary
Williamsburg, VA 23187
Phone 1-757-221-2039
Mobile 1-203-606-4640
 <http://mxivan.people.wm.edu/> http://mxivan.people.wm.edu

Director, Global Environmental Governance Project
Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy
New Haven, CT 06511
 <http://www.gegdialogue.org/> http://www.gegdialogue.org