Hi all,

I have been dragooned into designing and teaching a course about
institutional/campus sustainability at Dear Old UMass Dartmouth. The basic idea
is to examine the nuts and bolts of moving toward a more sustainable society
(or not) by using the university, and its broader political, economic, social,
and natural environment, as a model. I imagine this will involve lots of
traipsing about to see boilers, trash, and recycling as well as the activities
of various decisionmaking bodies on campus (Look! There's the Provost doing
laps in the pool!)

Have any of you taught a class like this before? If so, I sure would like to
take a look at your syllabi, and to benefit from any other cautionary advice
that you might wish to share.

Thanks,
Rob
Assistant Professor of Political Science
Associate Director of the Honors Program
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth