To: <gep-ed@listserve1.allegheny.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 1:39 PM
Subject: info and labeling articles?

Next syllabus hole to fill:

I'm looking for readings that talk about the role of information or
labeling as an environmental protection strategy (separate from regulation
-- the idea that simply providing information can change behavior).
Things like how the Toxic Release Inventory or related industry disclosure
rules change industry behavior, or anything about how labeling something
as organic or dolphin-safe or whatever changes consumer behavior and/or
the theory behind why.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Beth