I came across a lot of info on the topic of how labeling influences perception
when I was researching issue framing for my dissertation.  You might want to
try searching under the term "framing" instead of "labeling" to see what pops
up that way.

Amanda Kirk
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Political Science
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Thompson Hall
200 Hicks Way
Amherst, MA 01003 USA

"Cultural and moral relativists sap our sense of moral outrage by defending
the position that human rights are a Western invention. Men who abuse women
rarely fail to use the vocabulary the relativists have kindly provided them.
They claim the right to adhere to an alternative set of values -
an "Asian," "African" or "Islamic" approach to human rights. This mind-set
needs to be broken. A culture that carves the genitals of young girls, hobbles
their minds, and justifies their physical oppression is not equal to a culture
that believes women have the same rights as men."  Ayaan Hirsi Ali