Hi Michael,

A friend of mine, Carol Thompson, along with Andrew Mushita, recently published
<Biopiracy of Biodiversity: Global Exchange as Enclosure> through Africa World
Press.  It treats GMOs as part of the enclosure imbedded in the Green
Revolution/industrial agriculture; it has very compelling, easy to read
chapters that I assign to my classes with terrific results.

Peter

Peter J. Jacques, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science
University of Central Florida
P.O. Box 161356
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32816-1356

Phone: (407) 823-2608
Fax: (407) 823-0051
http://politicalscience.cos.ucf.edu/main.php?URL=jacques

>>> "Schoon, Michael Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2/24/2008 1:07 PM >>>
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some leads to a couple good readings on
GMOs.  Ideally I'd have 2 readings from different perspectives (maybe a green
revolution and a precautionary approach).  I'm teaching a class of 1st and 2nd
year university students, so I'm looking for something that's not overly
technical.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike

Michael L. Schoon

Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis

School of Public and Environmental Affairs

Indiana University

513 North Park Street

Bloomington, IN  47408

(w):  (812) 856-2693