From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David L. Levy
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 10:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; GEP-Ed
Subject: RE: Prospective grad student seeks appropriate program

Hi Rob,
There are business schools with decent PhD programs specializing in
these areas - Schulich school at York U., Toronto on the social
responsibility side, and in the UK, Warwick, Leicester, Nottingham come
to mind.
On the environmental side U. Michigan (Erb) and U. Cal Santa Barbara
(Bren School) are worth a look.

UMass Boston has a Public Policy PhD program with a political economy
core, and a chance to work with business school profs like myself!

Check out the Beyond Grey Pinstripes site for a broader look at MBA
programs with social/environmental missions (UMass Boston will be in
next year!)

http://www.beyondgreypinstripes.org/

but don't waste time on a Masters, tell the student to go for a PhD.

David

David L. Levy
Professor and Chair
Department of Management and Marketing
University of Massachusetts, Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125, USA
http://www.faculty.umb.edu/david_levy/