Hi -- a setup of two females and two males will not
work out long term; as long as the females are
immature you would be okay, but one female would kill
off the other to have the boys to herself once
maturity hit.

If you want to keep the males together, introduce one
female to them, once she is pregnant, remove her and
let her raise the litter.  Then put the other female
in with the two males and see if this breeding trio
works out.

A somewhat riskier way to do this would be to put both
female pups in with the boys at once.  When they are
both pregnant, at about 9 weeks, remove one.  My guess
is that they would still be immature enough that you'd
be okay.

However, I've found that an older male is very, very
happy to have the company of a younger female and that
his boy pals are soon forgotten.  And at four months
gerbils are very adaptable to re-pairing.  The easiest
setup would be for you to set up two breeding pairs
(if you are interested in breeding both these
females).  Three pairs produces lots of pups!

Donna
ABC Gerbils
www.abcgerbils.com

 >           From: Aaron B
 >           Subject: Older males wanting younger
women.... a timeless story. =)
 >           Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:54:52 -0700

Hi,
Heather and I are coming close to the time when we
have to split up the babies which are about 3 weeks
old. We have two
males that are about 3  or 4 months
old. We were wondering if it would be hard to
introduce 2 females with them because we don't want to
separate the two
males just because we don't have the heart to do it? I
can image it could get ugly but we just thought we'd
ask you guys. Thank
you.