I do not agree with this assessment at all (sorry :( ) but I have housed
my gerbils in this cage for about 6 months and the look out stays in
place great.  Both my gerbils sleep in that part of the cage.  The door
works fine. The water bottle that is sold separately for this cage is a
4 oz. instead of an 8 oz. and the wheel is very safe.

A couple of things that are negative are:  if you pick up the cage by
the sides the bottom easily falls off (great for cleaning, bad for
dumping gerbils) but just carry it by the bottom.

And they do chew on the look out part of the cage.  But they only
started doing that when the had no TP rolls or wood blocks to chew on.

I love it  ;)