I've noticed for a week or so now that my bushy-tailed jirds have a thin
strip of fur along part of their tails - all three of them.  I figured maybe
overgrooming or barbering ... any ideas on this?

But the more worrisome problem (and a possible "culprit" for the balding
tails) I saw tonight ... one jird was chasing another around and around the
cage, seemed aggressive.  Then later he definitely appeared like he was
trying to start a fight with one of them.  Both of the other two jirds have
been chased tonight and seem a bit scared of the chaser.

I don't know how typical this might be for bushy-tailed jirds.  The breeder I
got them from said she had never had problems with them fighting.  They are
around 11 weeks old now and are all males.

Any comments and advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Emily

--
E & K's Critters