Hi, the picture that I received made him look awfully
dark, almost a nutmeg, and a "aa". The one we are
discussing is a A*, if I understand correctly.

I have a gerbil that is a nutmeg that looks exactly
like your guy, if the pic is correct. He has a dusting
of black all over his body, and his base color is a
light honey color. He shimmers. I think he is prettier
than the Silver Nutmegs that I have and much, much
prettier than the polar foxes! Just my opinion.

If you can do a mind picture of a DEH with spotting
(that would have a lightening effect on the base Honey
color), and an "ef" gene that further lightens it (see
the picture referenced in her first post of a DEH w/ef
gene), AND a "ch" or "cb" that lightens it even
further, AND couple it with  "pp", you get the
picture! The way a chch w/pp can turn any other
configuration into a PEW, all these other genomes in
combination are modifying the DEH, alittle at a time.
The way a pp makes a LCP a white gerbil (see archives
of effect of pp on LCP). . .

The proposed Honey cream is basically an off-white
gerbil with a streak of light honey down its center.

As an aside, I have always been amused by the moniker
"red-eyed DEH" since it seems to be an oxymoron. . .

Namaste.

ynthia