Sorry to resend this to the list but I got no answers
before and since my black male started to do the same
behavior as Cairo, I'm more worried.

Also, the pair dart for cover as soon as I move, such
as lean back in my chair, stand up, and so on. Will
they eventually get used to me? In the beginning I
moved too fast in taming them so now I'm stepping
backwards and going more slowly.

> Hi all,
>
> I hate to raise a false alarm, etc.. but my Cairo,
> DEH, 6-7 week male has lately been doing this little
> jump into the air. While in the air he'll tilt/shake
> his head vigorously. Reason to worry? Is there a
> such
> thing as ear mites in gerbils?
>
> Also, this is kind of a silly question but with the
> mite questions lately, I'm wondering if there's a
> "normal" amount of scratching? Cairo and Zerwin seem
> to scratch with their little back paws a lot..
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Cheers,
> Christina

Thank you again.