I am thinking of mating my gerbil with another gerbil across the street
(a friend of mine).  Anyway, this is what I want to do...tell me if this
will work.  I want to take one of my females (I have two, together) and
put her in to breed with the male in a split cage at first then.....but
I am wondering if my other female will miss her and can I bring her back
and put her in after they...if I introduce all over again.

One of the reasons I want to do this is because the big boy across the
street is all alone and my friend said she would take one of the
babies.  That way if he is a lone drone I can take the baby back and
everything would be fine.

It is really cute, because the big fat male she has is a biter, but she
has been giving him seeds from her hand and gently and carefully giving
him a single pet on the head before she gets scared he will bite her and
she rips her hand out really quickly.  She wants so much to hold him,
and I don't think he bites anyway, but someone else told her he did.
(But I don't want to pick him up either)  But both of my girls let my 3
yr. old daughter hold them, and they have never bit her.  She carries
one around at a time and says "she's just a little baby??"  (That's how
I get her to understand to be very gentle because she could really hurt
them)  She been doing this for about 4 months.  They love her and she
loves them.  They run from me, but they come right to her.  It is really
funny.  They will let me hold them if she gives them to me.  My husband
does not like my "barn", but he has grown to really like "Gabby" (she's
a talker) and "Baby" (the name just stuck).

Anyway what do you all think.  I don't think the male is truly
aggressive, so I wouldn't pass a bad temperament.

rena