I feel I must say something about the recent postings concerning Lisa
and her pets. I believe, if she knows anything about gerbils, she
should know that they can go several days without water with out too
much of a problem. What puzzles me about this whole thing is that she
mentioned that the water bottle was empty when she found them. I'm
guessing perhaps she just may not know as much about gerbils as a lot
of us think. Perhaps she just assumed, because the bottle was empty,
this could have been the culprit. The near death of the one and the
death of the other leads me to assume it was something totally
different involved. I don't recall the age she said he was, but it
could have been possible a respitory infection, allergy, or some
other disease that she did not know how to detect was the cause. I
know if I found my gerbils dead and the water bottle empty, and if I
was an 'animal abuser' like so many people have accused Lisa of
being, I would definitely not bother to mention to anyone the lack of
water they had.
I'm just one of those people that don't judge people until I get the
full story.

As for the deaths of her other animals, they could be completely
unrelated, and if she does rescues animals like she says, sometimes
the rescue just comes too late.

But I'm also thinking, if she has all these animals dying, then
perhaps she should take a break from purchasing replacement pets
right away until she can find out what the TRUE cause of their death
is. Then maybe this can keep others from dying, and she won't have to
lose so many pets.

That's just my two cents. Hope it wasn't too much. :)

-Jackie and The Copper Dragon Clan