My gerbil got down on the floor while my husband was here (he tolerates
them) and he freaked out.  He was trying to corner her when I told him
just stay calm.  Baby then ran by me and my husband got upset and said
"oh, you'll never get her now".  I then made a clicking sound I make
when I talk to them, she stopped dead in her tracks and came right up to
me.  Sooo cute!  And my husband just looked dumb founded at me and asked
"did she just turn around and come right to you??"  I said of course,
they don't like to be down with some comfort around them.  They never
leave the dining room anyway because the rest of the house is 'new' and
unexplored.  He was so impressed.  I think they are growing on him.  I
hope so because he'll be really surprised when I go pick up my little
boy I found at a pet store who is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
I held him and took to me right away.  So I hope my husband likes him,
because I think he is becoming one of the family.

rena ;)