Hi Andy,
Thanks for passing on the idea.  I adopted four
schimmel girls from Elizabeth and they are in a wire
cage with a wire shelf.  They seem to really like
their house but I don't like how hard it is to get at
them and the litter gets kicked out.  I'm moving them
into a 20 gallon tank, but perhaps I can do something
with the wire cage on top?

Here is a favorite setup with my gerbils:
http://www.geocities.com/abcgerbils/setup.html

Donna
www.abcgerbils.com