I have never heard of using Ivermectin for mites. .
.or for anything other than worm infestations OR as a
Rub for cattle. . .can't invision using it on a
gerbil, and it terribly expensive.

I have also never seen Permethrin in a dosage that was
safe for kittens;

I used a product that contained .97% pyrethrins, 3.74%
piperoxyl butoxide, 5.70%N-OCTYL BICYCLOHEPTENE
DICARBOXIMIDE, and 1.94%
Di-n-propyl-isocinchomeroiate.

All of this was in one bottle, and it was diluted a
tablespoon to a gallon of water, per the instructions.

I was NOT sure that it was safe. . . I drenched ONE
gerbil and waited for 24-hours to see if it would be
ok. I did not feel good about doing this, and I
checked on her off and on all night to see if she
would be ok. . . the next moring she was fine, so I
drenched ONE pup and waited 24 hours. The next day all
were well, so I drenched everything, including the
dog.

I feel so sorry for you, Sarah! I had bites everywhere
that I thought were from cutting my back field, until
I saw one of the little black mites on me! There are
baby mites that bite even harder, if that is possible,
that are almost tan and very, very tiny! They are very
hard to get rid of. . .

Good luck and namaste.

Cynthia