Cardboard would be chewed to threads in a matter of time
(trust me...I had to fix a crack in a corner of our 10 gallon
when it got broken and we didnt have any spare cages/aquariums
and even with strong threaded tape holding it I couldnt leave
the option for escape open) I would advise getting a small cut
of glass (ask your local glass stores...they are usually pretty
good if you ask if they have any small chunks that they cant use)
and use silicone to attach it to the cage! (make sure you have
someone who knows what they are doing with silicone first) If
you want any more info on this feel free to email me and I will
explain how to do it We learned how to do this after recieving
an aquarium from a online store that had a HUGE crack in it
(they put more padding on the plastic wheel then the aquarium and
then just send it normal canada post!)
Heather & Aaron
Foxy & Jaws
Skittles & Hoppy
Molly, Donte & the 4 cute three day old babies!

Ok, to my questions now.. *g*

I bought a 20 gallon long aquarium today -- actually a
"reptile, small animal tank". It has a sliding lid. It
also has a hole about the size of a quarter at the
bottom. For a temp. fix could I tape cardboard or a
piece of manila folder to cover the hole? And for a
more permanant one, should I buy a piece of glass and
glue it? I'm concerned about the gerbils hurting
themselves.. It's a hole and well.. they're gerbils.
*g*