To give more detail, I meant create a branch, check the file out, test your
change, check change in to your own branch, then send details of the branch to
the master maintainers to see if they want to accept the change (which seems to
be a git pull request or similar), and if they do they merge that branch back
in. I wouldn't expect anyone, even dinkypumpkin, to do day to day work on the
top level master codestream.

But patches seem so backwards. Source control systems do the job so much better.

--
Owen Smith <owen.sm...@cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK