On 26/09/15 20:49, Peter S Kirk wrote:
On 26 Sep 2015 at 17:07, Budgie Budgie <aje...@errichel.co.uk> wrote:

Had a few moments to sort out my flv downloads.  There are quite a few,
all with long complex titles with meaningless reference numbers which
make them difficult to type without error so I tried a wee batch file
based on your advice to run in the directory with all the flv files as
follows:-

for file in *.flv ; do ffmpeg -i $file -c copy -f mp4 ${file%.flv}.mp4 ;
done

This seems to work OK but if you can suggest improvements please do.
Meanwhile I have a couple of naive questions:-

The mp4 files are all about 3 MiB smaller (in 1.0 GiB). Why is that?

Different containers store different meta data in different ways. Use the
same command to convert an mkv to mp4 and the mp4 is larger.

When running the script I get the following comments for each file
converted:-

[mp4 @ 0x22d38e0] Codec for stream 0 does not use global headers but
container format requires global headers
[mp4 @ 0x22d38e0] Codec for stream 1 does not use global headers but
container format requires global headers

This omission does not appear fatal but what is going on?

A quick google shows: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3142

BTW Thanks again for all your help.
Regards,
Budge

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the link but I have no understanding of what I am reading there. Where does ffserver fit in?

More important, what is the effect of this bug on my remuxing exercise? Should I be changing my script to add corrective action if that is possible?

Regards,
Budge