Fairly easy to slow down everything on a Linux interface. If anyone has the time/inclination, maybe worth investigating the tc command.

On 15/08/16 17:42, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 03:52:52PM +0100, George Eycott wrote:

Having a thought about this, when you stream something through IPlayer or on
a device of any sort to watch as it streams, it pulls data at a far lower
rate than when we try and download the whole programme in one hit. I wonder
whether it is this attempt to get the data quickly that is causing the
problem. If I were wearing a tin hat I would say it could have been a
deliberate change to cause problems to people using get_iplayer :-)

I think that's unlikely. That said, if someone were to add rate-limiting
options to get_iplayer I'd be very happy.