On 23/08/16 09:47, RS wrote:
[snip]
--output is the directory you want the recordings to go to.  As you have
deleted the preference they will go to a default location (you'll have
to ask a Linux user where), which is probably not what you want.

Flash may be deprecated but it does not mean it has been withdrawn.
Until the problem with HLS is identified and fixed, FlashHD is the only
mode which will give you 1280x720 at 25fps.  You may wish to consider
--tvmode=flashhd,hvfvhigh,flashvhigh,hvfhigh

The default mode in v2.96 is hvfsd which is 960x540 at 50fps.

Hi Simon and Richard, many thanks for the info.
I have already put back the output directory.
I appreciate the guidance on video resolution. I am happy to revert to flash for the time being and have put in your suggested tvmode. Does that mean I need rtmpdump too?
Finally, why is the v2.96 default 960x540 at 50fps? What are benefits?

Thanks again,
Budge.