As it turns out, it was the wiki that directly inspired this post. But I had
noticed the problem previously and wanted to say this for some time.

Yes, I should have clarified that I expect the charge to be recurring; pretend
those figures are all per-year. If the problem is the gitlab implementation,
and not our server power, then I agree there is no way for us to fix things.

Richard

> On Jul 17, 2019, at 11:49 AM, Matthew Pickering <matthewtpicker...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Are you particularly noticing this on the wiki? That is known to be
> slow as the implementation is quite hacky.
>
> If you want to experience some real slowness, try browsing gitlab.com!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt
>
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 4:47 PM Brandon Allbery <allber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I rather suspect it'd be more like "per some period" than a one-time fee,
>> and "$100/month" is rather harder than "$100".
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:20 AM Richard Eisenberg <r...@richarde.dev> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> GitLab is sometimes a bit slow. I understand we host this ourselves, and
>>> faster is more expensive. My question: how much more expensive? That is, if
>>> we throw $100 at the problem, will gitlab be speedy? Will it take $1,000?
>>> $10,000? If it's the first one, then let's just blast ahead. If it's not,
>>> perhaps knowing what it would take would either help me accept the status
>>> quo (I know that every time my page loads slowly, the Haskell community has
>>> saved several dollars) or we could contemplate chipping in somehow.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Richard