From: Ghdl-discuss <ghdl-discuss-boun...@gna.org> on behalf of Adam Jensen
<han...@riseup.net>
Sent: 27 October 2016 17:33:10
To: ghdl-discuss@gna.org
Subject: Re: [Ghdl-discuss] Synthesis for FPGAs

On 10/27/2016 07:06 AM, Martin Strubel wrote:
> I've also checked
>
> http://docs.adacore.com/gnatcoll-docs/scripting.html#the-python-language
>
> and it looks like there might be OO templates (the Console class
> wrapper) to make this engineering task nice. Someone's gotta try.. :)
[snip]

After thinking about it a bit, embedding Python (or Tcl) into an Ada
application might not be the issue. While the GHDL compiler is written
in Ada, I don't think it does anything like translating the VHDL into an
Ada program (at which point the above mentioned technique would be used
to embed an interpreter) and then compiles it with GNAT.