On 04/05/2020 12:29, Adalbert Hanßen wrote:
I am running Krusader under Xubuntu 18.04.4 LTS.

I can click and Ctl-c on a file to paste the complete path to the file into an
editor window, I can paste the whole file if I Strg-v it in a file manager. I
can copy pictures from one application to another by copy/paste.

I have never heard before about clipboard managers and just googled for that
keyword to look if any of the names associated with one of the findings is
installed on my computer:

clipit, copyq, diodon, gpaste, glipper, klipper, qlipper, parcellite,
xfce4-clipman, xclip and xsel are not installed on my computer.

there is no sequence "clip" in the output of dpkg -l.

Liam mentioned clipboard managers not as a cause of your problem, but as
a possible investigation tool.