Please everyone test this how to and see if it is lacking anything. It
is intended to be a beginner tutorial for compiling gimp 1.2 from CVS.

I want everyone to read it even if you don't have time to test it.
Carol and I worked really hard on it. I wrote it as an intermediate
tutorial, but carol worked on it and got info out of people and tested
it to make it a beginner tutorial.  Sven even made changes in autogen to
make the tutorial simpler.

So read it and test it and critique it or feel the wrath of an angry
bex!

http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/howtos/cvs/cvs.html

bex

ps--for those who doubted it without reading it, you owe carol an
apology.