On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 04:15:09PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> I have committed a rather inelegant change to gimp-1-2 that should
> remove the need to have glib-2.0 and pkg-config installed in order
> to compile the gimp-1-2 branch. Please let me know if you experience
> any problems with the build.

I like inelegant, there's just something about things which work that
makes me *so* happy, and just after I got done with releasing a build
of my own pet application too. Sven, your timing is brilliant. I owe you
beer if we ever meet up.

Here are some warnings. Sven and many others here will know that I
think warnings are bad. These warnings came from the auto* tools, so I
cannot be much help in trying to fix them, sorry.

plug-ins/common/Makefile.am: bz2_OBJECTS should not be defined
plug-ins/common/Makefile.am: screenshot_OBJECTS should not be defined
plug-ins/common/Makefile.am: url_OBJECTS should not be defined
Makefile.am:135: po/pt.po exists but `pt' not in `ALL_LINGUAS'
Makefile.am: gimptool_win32_OBJECTS should not be defined

The resulting makefiles are compiling what appears to be a perfectly
good CVS 1.2 series Gimp. I am very happy :)

There are also warnings (in RH GCC 2.96 anyway) in some source code,
but if they haven't caused a bug report since 1.2.0 I guess they can
wait until morning. Good Night, and once again thanks Sven.

Nick.