On , 17 Feb 2002, Rebecca J. Walter wrote:

> As any looked into how all this will work with different window
> managers?  What window managers grab what keys and can the window
> managers easily be configured to use alt if gimp isn't using it?
>
> It is important to check this since we will otherwise end up with lots
> of whiny users who can't figure out why thiings aren't happening like
> expected.

I'd like to whine: I use ALT+mouse1 *inside* a window to quickly move
it somewhere else on the desktop, therefore any ALT clicking is going
to annoy me severly.

Could someone post a summary of the differences between the current
setup and the proposed new setup?

Austin
(Sorry to dig up old emails, but I've only just got back from a week's
holiday without Internet access - joy!)