Hi,

"Adam D. Moss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I feel your pain.
>
> This is as good a point to ask as any; in following the
> latest incarnation of the crazy dep-chain I ran into a
> dead-end finding the mysterious 'fontconfig' (fontconfig
> is needed by pango is needed by gtk2 is needed by gimp).
> Anyone know where I can find such a thing?  I thought
> that it sounded like it was probably part of pkgconfig
> (pkgconfig is needed by... etc) but it doesn't seem to
> be.

you shouldn't be using unstable development versions of glib, pango
and gtk+. If you are using CVS, please make sure that you checkout the
stable branches, glib-2-0, pango-1-0 and gtk-2-0. If you insist on
working with the unstable versions, subscribe to gtk-devel-list where
this stuff is being discussed in all details.

Salut, Sven