On 2002-06-09 at 1304.03 +0200, Sven Neumann typed this mail:
> Hi,
>
> Henning Makholm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Scripsit Akkana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > >     http://shallowsky.com/gimpbuild.html
> >
> > Cool. You say on that page:
> >
> > | for some reason, CVS builds have more dependencies than tarball builds.
> >
> > At least one such reason (I'm not sure whether it's the only one) is
> > that the CVS repository does not include Makefile.in files, the
> > configure script and its various helper files (config.in and friends).
>
> these extra dependencies are described in the file HACKING.
>
> I'd like to mention that Carol has made up a pretty complete
> Compiling-The-GIMP-from-CVS-Howto. Perhaps she wants to post the URL
> again to avoid more people duplicating her efforts.

bex wrote it ....

url is http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/howtos/cvs/cvs.html

it was written for 1.2 but the cvs info is good for both and the flag
setting is proper for both also.  Akkanas document seems to be a great
snapshot of what is needed to build this gimp right now.

actually, getting HEAD from cvs is less complicated than getting a
branch ...

carol