On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:07:30PM +0100,  Marc A. Lehmann  wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 09:19:17PM +0100, "David Necas (Yeti)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > You need cookies to log in, so you generally need cookies to
> > change anything (what brower do you use? bugzilla works even
> > in lynx).
>
> Well, certainly lynx doesn't send cookies if you tell it not to. I don't
> know a browser that always sends cookies, anyways.
>
> (Yes, you know that, but assuming that everybody happily lets himself
> monitor using cookies is not reflecting reality ;)

It's OT, but you started about reality:

Default lynx behaviour is to ask about each cookie. You can
decide to accept exactly the log-in one (it sends a few
more). You can make sure it's deleted after session. You can
then set your cookie preferencies in the config.

The reality is, you have to prove yourself to make any
changes, and this is a very logical requirement. The
stronger authentization, the better you are monitored. You
can't be monitored less.

If you are so paranoiac you don't accept cookies from
bugzilla.gnome.org, then I can't understand why you bother
to read any mail not signed by some trusted GnuPG key
(namely gimp-dev), not speaking about responding to them. We
are probably all evil hackers monitoring your mailing
behaviour.

Yeti