On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 02:12:49PM +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Since the preferences toggle doesn't solve it at all, why do you
> > call it a solution? Toggling it on does not work, as Sven said, as
> > then mnemonics and dynamic shortcuts will clash.
>
> Sorry, but I don't think that they clash. What makes you think they
> do?

Well, you made me think that by writing:

   "Because [the dynamic shortcut feature] interferes badly with
   mnemonics, especially if these are used in the menus and we only just
   started to add them all over the place. This is also the reason why
   they are disabled by default in all GTK2 apps."

> Of course you can construct a usage case where there are clashes
> but in general they don't clash. Sorry, I don't see your problem.

I have no problem, it's just that you said they are currently disabled
because they "interfere badly". Sorry, I translated that as "clash", but
still I don't understands why you first say it interferes badly and then
say there is no problem...

As a user in this case, I am just confused. If you last say is that
it works just fine then I have no problem at all, and this thread is
immediately dead because I misundertsood you.... I am just confused at
what you wrote about that feature two weeks ago.