On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 12:49:02PM +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I sense your reaction as extremly unfair since we discussed the

Then you should probably change your attitude.

> version number in all details and there were other arguments than the
> completely meaningless one you mention here.

Arguments like "the others do it, too"? That's of course no argument, and
you never delivered anything else.

> A few people expressed that they dislike the version number, other
> liked it.

I suggest you look at the mail archives again. There was quite a
majority against 2.0 that you completely miss.

> We went through all the arguments a few times and finally
> decided that we want to go for 2.0.

I am sorry, but you are trying to deceive... "we" is rather far fetched,
as this seems to include you and mitch only (mitch hasn't even said
anything).

For some reason I really don't trust your honesty anymore, as you are
continuously misrepresenting facts.

> What is so insistent about this?

What is so insisting is that you are not telling the truth, and I wonder
why you resort to that.

> It's a decision and it had to be done at some point.

Well, you decided it against the majority, without giving reasons.

> Now please, for the good of GIMP, accept it and let us proceed to
> prepare this release.

As I said, I don't care that much for 2.0 vs. 1.4, but, as I said in the
beginning, I wonder where the honesty went, since you cintinously brush
aside others opinions, overruling them and all for, as you say, nothing
important. If it's important enough for you to try to deceive, why are
you claiming the opposite?

Your behaviour is *extremely* strange. I *am* frightened.