On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 03:51:53PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

> > Even if your images are black and white, they are most likely stored in a
> > compressed format (if a Subversion based GIMP file format was ever
> > invented), and if such compressed files are revisioned, no
> > generic algorithm is going to give you a good difference.
>
> Actually with GEGL, a solid white or black image will be represented
> using a special layer node that has no image data at all.

But only as far as I say "create new layer/image with white
background"... Or, wait, are you suggesting that "filling" is an
operation known to GEGL, so a SolidFilledLayer will just change it's
fill_color when it get's filled again?
After all, this optimization does not work any more if I fill an
arbitrary selection...

Bye, Tino.

--
             * LINUX - Where do you want to be tomorrow? *
                  http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/