Hi,

I wonder when and why the terminology of hardcoding a keybinding was
introduced into this discussion. I simply don't understand it's
meaning. If you think about having two different keybindings bound to
a single menu entry, this is AFAIK not possible with GTK+-2.x. And I
can't think of any other sensible way of adding a second keybinding.
Please try to keep this in mind when discussing this topic. We need to
settle on a single sensible default keybinding. I don't think there
are alternatives to this, so you are only wasting your time by
discussing them.