Simon Budig ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Sven Neumann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Well, we do that already for the alpha channel lock and it doesn't
> > seem to work that badly. Sooner or later we will probably want to add
> > more such toggles.
>
> actually the alpha channel lock is a major source of confusion,
> sometimes even for me. "Huh, painting doesn't work". Also it has a
> different use pattern: Your descision if you need to toggle it depends
> only on the layer itself. This is - as I explained - very much different
> from locking the layer completely: Your attention shifts to a different
> group of layers and you want to toggle this on multiple layers
> simultaneously. With your proposed solution it would be a major PITA to
> do this.

Maybe a better comparison is the visibility toggle: It would become a
major PITA to use if it were a button on top of the dockable. It has a
similiar meaning: It controls a single property of a single layer, but
is frequently used for multiple different layers at once.

Bye,
        Simon
--
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://simon.budig.de/