Hi,

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:54 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

> I had never added a UI for it - I add then through scripts.
> And except for bugs with the guides thenselves (which i ironed out as I
> developed then), I never had any side effect from using them. Snapping to
> these guides or intesections of these guides and others works fine. If tehre
> are potential greater problems, just a larger userbase  would be able to
> detect it, and then we just fix it, or remove the feature if it needs very
> large changes to other program areas to work properly.

Without a user interface for it, there is zero user base. And most
problems are detected only after a feature is released in a stable
release. And at that point it is too late to fix a fundamental design
problem.

Perhaps I should just review the patch before we continue. But in the
meantime someone should think about the user interface for this. Without
one, it is pointless to add this.