Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 17:44:55 -0800
   From: Manish Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 08:48:29PM -0500, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   >    Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:49:14 -0800
   >    From: Manish Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >
   >    gimptool --prefix and gimptool --exec-prefix will give you these dirs.
   >
   > All they give me is /usr/local; they don't tell me where the Gimp is
   > really installed (I have to know a lot about the Gimp's structure to
   > use this output).

(and as it happens, in 1.1 the Gimp library directory is
/usr/local/lib/gimp/1.1, and so forth.  Not very friendly to a
version-agnostic plugin.)

   What do you need exactly? We could extend gimptool to provide values
   for the whole gamut of autoconf installation path variables...

The print plugin will at some point have auxiliary files.  I'm
thinking of moving the printer descriptions out of the plugin (where
they're compiled into presently) and into some kind of text file
describing their capabilities, and I want somewhere to put those
files.

--
Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net