Hello,

I'm trying to create a smooth radial gradient in GIMP.  I'm doing what I guess
is the obvious thing: use the Blend/Gradient tool, set the shape to Radial,
and draw it.  This gives me a decent gradient, but it's not actually smooth.
And it's especially unsmooth when I set the gradient layer's opacity to ~25%,
which is where I want it to be for the effect I'm trying to achieve.

Here are my files:

http://nodivisions.com/stuff/ext_posts/gimp-unsmooth-gradient.jpg

http://nodivisions.com/stuff/ext_posts/gimp-unsmooth-gradient.xcf.gz

As you can see, there are obvious striations there, rather than a smooth
gradient.

What am I doing wrong?  I've tried it with and without dithering, adaptive
supersampling, etc; none of that seems to improve it.

I'm using GIMP 2.6.7 on Ubuntu, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

--
Anthony DiSante
http://encodable.com/