On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Andrew_Bridget
<andrew_brid...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> This is such a common task, there may be cause to have a Resize option
> bundled with the Export command.  Having to always perform them as two
> separate steps is an annoyance, but the possibility of accidentally saving
> the wrong resolution back to the XCF file is a danger.
>
> A question that asked late last year as I had a need to resize and keep
> working on original. That's when I found the save for web had been reinstated
> as 2.6.

Part of the motivation for the save/export distinction in the first
place is later being able to introduce such improvements to export
workflows (as well as other neat things; like being able to choose
between export presets, multiple named regions - and more). Without a
clear conceptual internal seperation - such future improvements will
be much harder.