Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 22:41:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] gimp users matter
From: etter...@gmail.com
To: strata_ran...@hotmail.com
CC: l...@holoweb.net; gimp-user-list@gnome.org

> > 5 - You are done!  There is no need to re-open the PNG file.
>
> Well, this may or may not be true.   When, six months or a year later I want
> to look at a .png
> (check the resolution, see whether it needs to be sharpened/signed/whatever)
> then I do,
> sometimes want to look at (and maybe adjust in some way) a  png image.

Comments
 by Alex and others do point out that opening the exported file (into a new
window/tab) just to verify what it actually looks like is indeed a useful step.
 And come to think of it, I know I've done that from time to time with my
JPG's....

> And the comments I get about not really having an image that I think I have
> (several people
> say variations of that) is completely over my head.  And wonder whether it
> has a practical
> significance or just a semantic one.

I'd call it semantics.  A matter of principle that the end user may not even
care about.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com