On 04/25/2017 11:53 PM, words44 wrote:
> I received an error message after uploading a photo for an event calendar.  It
> read
> "The image file is too big! Maximum size: 500,000"
>
> I've tried reducing the pixels.  I'm not sure what it's referring to.
>
> There is no CONTACT US section at this website to contact them to ask this
> question.
>
> Thanks for your help.  Links to explain the solution would be helpful.
>
> Attachments:
> * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/561/original/Rev_Johns_Photo.jpg

The file linked above is only 119 kilobytes; that's about 1/4 the size
limit indicated above.  That indicates a technical error at the website
in question; the lack of accessible contact info for the website's
maintainer(s) indicates technical incompetence.

I'm afraid there's no way fix "stupid."  You might try downloading a
file of the same type from the site, to check its size, and
scale/compress yours to match.  Using another event calendar service
entirely (i.e. Google Calendar or etc.) may be a better option than
working with a proven non-performing one...

:o/