I can't seem to make this work; I don't see any option for enlarging the
workspace.  I can enlarge the canvas as much as I want, but this doesn't change
the size of the "window" through which my content is visible.  As I paste in the
second image and slide it over--in this case to the right, it disappears.  It's
almost like the second image is sliding under the blank background that was
created when I enlarged the canvas.

--
Gothmog (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)