On 07 Dec 2002 00:06:50 -0600
Joseph A Nagy Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I did a clean install of RH 8.0 and during the install process, I had
> GIMP installed. I re-downloaded the FireAnim script and gradient, placed
> in the proper director and everything. I THINK the problem is that there
> is no plug-in for use of the GIF format, and since none of the other
> image formats support animation, the FireAnim is disabled. Would someone
> be so kind as to stick up their GIF plug-in for Linux? I've looked on
> the Gimp website for it as a seperate download, but I can't find it. I'd
> remove the RPM install of GIMP and just do a clean install from source
> but atm I don't have the appropriate libraries to do so (and it will
> take me at most four hours of monkeying with my computer for me to be
> able to do so). TIA (btw, the animated gif is for a  non-commecrcial
> site).
>

> --
> Joseph A Nagy Jr
> CEO, Joseph A Nagy Jr Enterprises
> http://jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org
> --
> Joseph A Nagy Jr
> CEO, Joseph A Nagy Jr Enterprises
> http://jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org

Are you sure you want to use gifs? I also thought about it for my
'non-profit' website and wrote to Unisys to ask about a license - their
answer? $10,000 per year and 1% of all products sold on my website (I did
inform them that I wasn't selling anything!). So I switched everything to
png's.

Have a look at:
http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/tek1/burn_all_gifs.htm
and, if you want animated graphics:
http://www.libmng.com/

RedHat crippled Xmms (media player) in 8.0,  also because of patent
problems - so that is why they probably don't include the 'gif' plugin in
their Gimp RPM's.

Nigel Ridley.

I AM Bible Studies and Resources
http://www.i-amfaithweb.net